The International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
The studies offer a core curriculum emphasizing the traditional academic components of International Relations with a focus on the role of soft power and Cultural Diplomacy in contemporary global affairs. A program that focus on the systematic study of international politics and institutions, and the conduct of diplomacy and foreign policy. The required and elective courses you would like take. Course are listed here that are illustrative of the breadth of topics you are likely to experience were you to major In this field.
1st cycle studies
Students get an opportunity to study over 30 courses in 3 years (6 semesters) including such subjects as History of International Relations, International Political Relations, International Military Relations, Cultures and Civilizations in the Modern World, International Cultural Relations, History of Diplomacy, Diplomatic Protocol, Diplomatic Practice, Cultural Diplomacy, Religion and Cultural Diplomacy, Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy or International Case Studies of Cultural Diplomacy.
2nd cycle studies
The specialization path of International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy in master’s studies is carried out for 4 semesters and leads to obtaining a master’s degree. As part of the master’s program in the International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy specialization path, students gain knowledge in the field of (incl.):
- International Security
- Theories of International Relations
- EU and Africa
- Ethics and International Relations
- Global Governance
- Cultural Heritage and Public Diplomacy
- Soft Power and Cultural Diplomacy
- Diplomacy in Contemporary World
- Intercultural Communication and Dialog
- Religion and Cultural Diplomacy
Some benefits of the Program
- A core curriculum will prepare the student for a vast array of career opportunities across the world
- Students will have access to an expert faculty with experience in international politics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global order
- Students of this program will be significantly advantaged in the political arena against students who simply obtain an MA in international relations
Our Special Emphasis The faculty puts particular emphasis on both the theory as well as the practice of cultural diplomacy in order to provide students with a deeper understanding of this rapidly developing field.