In order to apply for Management Studies at Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University the foreign candidate with a secondary school leaving certificate from the country which has signed the agreement regarding the recognition of certificates with Poland submits the following documents:
- A complete application form (available upon electronic registration):
- Secondary School Exam and a certificate issued by The Board of Education that confirms the equality of foreign diploma with Polish ones *,**.
- Sworn translation of the diploma done by a sworn translator who is included in the sworn translators’ list of the Ministry of Justice, or of the Consul of Poland in the country where the diploma was issued.
- ID card or passport (foreigners) – with the original document to be presented upon request; notarized copy in case of using the power of attorney
- One colour current photos (size 35×45mm, the whole profile of mace must be shown, without accessories, earrings and headgear, on a bright background)
- Language diploma or certificate which confirms level of English at required level. In the case of lack of language diploma or certificate, positive result of placement test guarantees the admission
- Copy of the birth certificate with translation (concerns foreigners)
- Recruitment fee payment 85 PLN
* It doesn’t apply to the candidate from the country included in international agreements;
** After fulfilling demanded formalities, recognition of the certificate can be done by The Board of Education appropriate for the student’s place of residence in Poland, or by the Provincial Department of Education in Krakow (due to the location of Krakow University); IB (International Baccalaureate) and EB (European Baccalaureate) diplomas don’t need recognition.
The candidate with a secondary school leaving certificate from the country which does not have an agreement regarding the recognition of certificates with Poland submits the same above-mentioned documents, but the secondary school leaving certificate in addition has to undegro a recognition process through the ‘nostrification’ procedure. Confirmation of the fact that the certificate is in the process of recognition also has to be submitted, too.
‘Nostrification’ of secondary school leaving certificates
According to the Polish regulations, a school certificate obtained abroad in a country that does not have an agreement on recognition of certificates with Poland has to be validated in the country in which it was issued and then presented to the kuratorium oświaty (local educational authority) in Poland, which is responsible for the nostrification
The English language qualification
The prospective candidate is required to have the ample knowledge of the English language, which will have to be confirmed with one of the following language certificates in order to be enrolled for the studies without the necessity to undergo entrance language examination at the Krakow University:
List of diplomas, certificates proving knowledge of foreign language: