Electronic registration for PE classes in the spring semester ended on February 25, 2021.
From February 26, 2021 unsubscribed students will be added to the PE groups with vacancies. For this purpose, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com giving your surname, first name, date of birth and album number.
In view of the current global epidemiological situation and in accordance with the binding regulations of the Authorities of AFM Krakow University regarding remote teaching and learning, the Department of Physical Education launches classes in the spring semester in the MS Teams app at the Microsoft 365 from March 1, 2021.
Sport greeting for you!
In view of the current global epidemiological situation and in accordance with the binding regulations of the Authorities of AFM Krakow University regarding remote teaching and learning, the Department of Physical Education launches classes in the MS Teams app at the platform Microsoft 365.
MS Teams – Instructions: instrukcja_ms_teams.pdf
Dedicated groups corresponding to the particular PE classes will be created in MS Teams (eg. gym classes, Monday 5:50 pm, mgr Marek Grzelak). Students who have joined a particular PE group electronically at wf2.ka.edu.pl will be admitted to the corresponding group in MS Teams.
Students will be admitted to the group in MS Teams only after they have selected their group at wf2.ka.edu.pl. The choice of the mode and date of PE classes is irrelevant in the remote learning, since all students will be receiving the same tasks. Please sign up to the groups that have available places. The deadline for registrations for PE classes is October 25, 2020.
At the beginning of each week of classes (Monday), PE instructors will be sharing relevant materials with the students in the “Tasks” (“Zadania”) tab:
Diary of Physical Activity, Videos, Texts concerning health education issues
We greatly encourage you to work with the uploaded Physical Education materials, although each student can exercise according to their own preference. We kindly ask you to systematically (even daily) keep the Diary of Physical Activity and send it in response to the instructor electronically at the end of each week of classes (deadline for task completion: Friday-Saturday). Please enclose some documentation of your physical activitiy: pictures, videos, screenshots from apps tracking physical activity, etc.
We encourage you to exercise EVERY DAY! 20-30 minutes will suffice…
Sending the complete materials (Diary of Physical Activity + videos + pictures + screenshots from apps tracking physical activity, etc.) to the instructor will form the basis for classifying a student’s task as completed = classifying their attendance at PE classes in a particular week of university classes (1 week = 1 attendance).
The attendance of students at PE classes within the days of October 12, 2020 – October 16, 2020 will be credited.
The credits (zaliczenie) for the Physical Education course will be awarded based on the number of attendances at PE classes (minimum of 8 attendances = minimum of 8 tasks classified as completed).
First materials should be uploaded to MS Teams on October 19, 2020.
Take care of yourselves!
With athletic greetings!
Physical Education Instructors
Electronic group enrollment will start on October 1, 2020. The registration link: wf2.ka.edu.pl
Information for students concerning the organisation of physical education classes
and conditions for obtaining credits during the academic year
1. Physical Education classes are conducted according to the following principles:
First cycle studies
Physical Education full-time 60 h (2×30)
EXCEPTIONS: National Security – 30 hours, Internal Security – 30 hours
Long cycle studies
Physical Education full-time 60 h (2×30)
Physical Education full-time 60 h (2×30)
2. Classes are conducted as two-hour units (90 minutes).
3. The classes are held in the following locations:
sports hall, Prusa 18
sports hall, Ptaszyckiego 4
gymnasium, Gutawa Herlinga – Grudzińskiego 1
fitness centre, Gustawa Herlinga – Grudzińskiego 1
4. The students ought to select one of the following sports activities:
a sports unit of the Academic Sports Association (AZS):
* men’s and women’s basketball
* men’s and women’s volleyball
* men’s and women’s table tennis
* men’s indoor football (futsal)
* men’s athletic sports
* men’s and women’s track and field athletics
5. Registration for classes for particular PE groups (15 – 18 people) takes place in an electronic form, except sports units of the Academic Sports Association (AZS) /see information at the end of the text/.
6. A change of sportswear is required in physical education classes.
7. The requirements for obtaining credits for PE classes include systematic (weekly) attendance and active participation.
8. The final credit grade at the end of the semester is awarded according to the following principles:
– attendance at 8-9 classes: satisfactory
– attendance at 10-12 classes: good
– attendance at 13-15 classes: very good
The student has to attend a minimum of 5 classes with the group in which they are enrolled in a given semester /the remaining classes can be made up for with other groups/.
9. Students can make up for their absences from classes only on Saturdays (table tennis, fitness workout). The number of places in make-up classes is limited! /see: make-up classes/
10. Students may attend Physical Education classes only once a day and maximum twice a week /one attendance with “one’s own” group and one make-up class/.
11. Students actively engaged in sports activities at a high level in sports clubs (4-5 times a week and participation in league games, contests or tournaments) are excused from attending PE classes (grade: very good) after submitting relevant certificates at the Physical Education Centre during the first month of a given semester.
12. Credits for physical education classes obtained from other universities /minimum grade: 4.0/ are accepted after the student’s record book is submitted at the Physical Education Centre during the first month of a given semester.
13. We accept medical certificates exempting students from attending PE classes issued only by the medical board at ‘SCANMED MULTIMEDIS’ Medical Centre located in Krakow, Gustawa Herlinga – Grudzińskiego 1. The certificate should be submitted at the Physical Education Centre during the first month of a given semester. The medical board, upon the student’s examination and analysis of their medical record, decides to:
– exempt the student from physical education classes on a permanent basis – entry in the student’s record book: ZWOLNIONA(-Y) (EXEMPT)
– exempt the student from physical education classes on a temporary basis – THE MEDICAL BOARD’S DECISION MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO APPLY TO THE DEAN FOR AN INDIVIDUAL STUDY PLAN AND PROGRAMME, WHERE PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSES ARE TRANSFERRED TO THE NEXT SEMESTER OR ACADEMIC YEAR
– refer the student to PE classes involving less intense activities (table tennis). /see AFMKU Rector’s Regulation/
14. Exceptional situations regarding obtaining credits for a semester or academic year are investigated by the Head of the Physical Education Centre.
Students attending physical education classes should bring their valid AFMKU student ID cards to show to class instructors and sports facilities employees at their request in order to ensure safety and prevent the entry of unwelcome persons.
Information concerning sports activities of the Academic Sports Association (AZS)
Electronic registration DOES NOT PERTAIN TO classes for the sports units of the Academic Sports Association.
In order to attend classes for the sports units of the University’s Academic Sports Association as part of the obligatory curriculum, such as:
– men’s and women’s basketball
– men’s and women’s volleyball
– men’s and women’s table tennis
– indoor football (futsal)
– athletic sports
– track and field athletics
the student is required to report for the class in person /see: Academic Sports Association class timetable/.
Those who fail to qualify for sports units of the Academic Sports Association ought to register for physical education classes in an electronic form.
Medical Commissions regarding exemptions from Physical Education Classes for health reasons
On-line Medical Commission
Complete medical documentation and your telephone number should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject of the e-mail, please write: Komisja Lekarska – Krakowska Akademia Additional information about the Medical Commission by phone: 12 3702651
A medical certificate issued by the Medical Commission should be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com